Wednesday, June 24, 2009

animation process test


this was a test of the animation process...
keys, holds, anticipation, breakdown, overshoot, settle on the main object (video 1)



in video 2, I added a ribbon that follows the movement of the main object. this ribbon doesn't 'drive' the action, so it doesn't have the typical keys, breakdowns, etc. what the ribbon does is totally driven by the main object---that's why it's a little tougher to plan for.

I'm trying to find a way to plan overlapping action in my planning process, how to design it. I think it might work to just have a basic idea that there will be overlap in an action, and then animate it straight-ahead once the driving object is animated. I could just make notes about how much overlap, how much time, how much the overlapping object weighs, etc.

No comments: